WHERE MY MONEY GOES...HOW I SAVE IT...MAKE MORE...AND HOW YOU CAN TOO!!!
Google
 

Thursday, December 13, 2007

Getting serious about my money.

I should have gotten serious a long time ago. But I just didn't understand that a few years can make a difference...as well as a few trips to the store! When I finally got serious about my money I started to one thing on purpose...I didn't really like it at first...but it has paid off. I started to watch TV shows and listen to radio shows dealing with money issues and the US economy. I thought it would be good to know what is going on in the country and the world...money wise....because it would affect my money some point down the line! I have a high level of respect for Suze Orman! She is one of my favorites to watch on TV! She may not always be nice about it....but she knows her stuff! If you have questions or want to know if you can afford something...she is the lady to ask!

When I got serious about my money I also put into play something very simple and practical that I could do each time I got a paycheck. I had already known that I should save...but how do you know when and how much? I didn't know how to set that limit...sooo...it just never happened. I would put random amounts into my account very randomly...and that is no way to save! I had known about Tithing too. This I did...I am sure I missed a paycheck or two. But I tried my best to do this. I knew that it was a priority of mine. The simple act that I put into practice was this..."Pay God. Pay yourself. Pay everyone else!" So, I started to do just that. Every paycheck...%10 straight to a tithe account...then %10 into a savings account (which I made sure had a good interest rate)...and then I paid my bills. The savings are there for when I need it. I try to leave it alone but in the case of an emergency...I have that money instead of just popping out the credit card and getting into MORE debt! I will talk about credit cards another day!!! ( BEWARE OF PLASTIC!!!)

Try these steps...they have worked for me! I believe that God is faithful! And that when we tithe (which is just giving back what belongs to Him anyways!) He is faithful to make sure our needs are met...and even some of our wants! :D I also believe it is important to take value in ourselves. I think I am important. Therefore, I save for my future. I know another easy easy way to save more...put what I used to pay in credit card payments (once I have paid them off) into my savings account each month. I know that one day more money will be going into the savings...when my CCs are paid off! That will be a glorious day!

No comments: