WHERE MY MONEY GOES...HOW I SAVE IT...MAKE MORE...AND HOW YOU CAN TOO!!!
Google
 

Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Print on demand books...

I am a writer. I have several books that I want to write. It is not an easy process and takes patience and persistence but I have finally finished my first poetry book! With a lot of help from my sister ( who is a fab graphic designer and photographer : www.adairphotography.com )...it is finally finished! We have been working on Layers for years. It is a compilation of 3 years of my life. They are listed in the book in chronological order so it reads like a poetic autobiography.
front cover back cover

When looking online there are many options for self-publishing. Many of them call for you to pay upfront. And then to also store many copies of your book at your house...and then to also take orders....AND then ship the book when someone orders it. I wanted a simpler route! A friend of mine shared www.lulu.com with me! So far it has worked wonderfully for me! They are a print on demand publishing site. That means that all I do is upload my work...set the price...design my storefront...and they take care of the rest! When someone visits my store...and places an order...lulu then prints a book and ships it to them! I am notified by email! That way I don't have to waste time and money storing them in my house and shipping them!

I am taking orders and have almost reached my goal of 35! This is a local order so I can buy in bulk and save on shipping! This way I will also be able to hand deliver these and thank people for purchasing a book! When I do deliver the books...I am also going to insert a postcard we made for them to hand out to friends who they think might like the book! It will also be a reminder for them or something they can post on their bulletin board! I am also mailing the card out to friends and family!

So if you have a book you have always wanted to write...LULU is a good way to go! It costs me nothing but time to get the book up on my store...and then when someone buys one...they take the cost of printing the book and the rest of it is profit!

No comments: